Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Advent 2012 Day 11

December 12, 2012 When my wife and I are in the car she usually drives, mainly because she says she doesn’t like my driving. I really think it’s about control. I mean, when I drive by myself I do fine. I keep my eyes moving, just like they tell you to do. I look to the left, then I look down the road, and then to the right, and then back again. It’s almost like a sprinkler going back and forth. Sometimes when I look to the left, the car begins to run over the little concrete turtles in the road and I have to rein it in between the lines so I won’t get into the other lane. When I look to the right the car runs over the washboards that let other people know they are running off the road, so I rein to the left and get back on course. I guess if the truth was known I would do better with a horse. The Gospel according to Matthew (Matthew 2:1-12), tells of the foreign Magi who saw a star as a result of their star gazing that in their understanding, announced the birth of a king, which was to be born in Judah. So inspired were they that they followed a course of travel that was guided by the star until they had found the new born king. It is interesting that they did not find him in the palace, but in the place the religious leaders said had been prophesied, Bethlehem. And isn’t fascinating that the star led them straight to Jesus, where they bowed down giving homage and gifts to Him. In Revelation 22:16 Jesus speaks of himself when He said, “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify these things to you over the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright and Morning Star.” This Christmas as we prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus, let us place our hope upon the Morning Star who alone can give Peace. It’s something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment