Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Advent 2012 Day 8

December 9, 2012 During my college days at Northeastern State University at Tahlequah, Oklahoma periodically I would get away by myself to my "special place". It was a high bluff overlooking a river nada pasture beyond it. I would spend an hour or so there as often as possible because it was so beautiful and peaceful. On top of the bluff was a tree that grew at an angle away from the bluff. On this day I decided I wanted to see the bottom of the bluff so I laid against the tree trunk and could look about 30 feet down. As I looked up a snake was looking at me eyeball to eyeball. Having a great discomfort around snakes, I began backing up as fast as I could, but not as fast as my feet were moving. After getting away from the snake and tree. And after I finally calmed down I was able to see God's beauty and experience His peace; and to thank Him that I hadn't had a heart attack or fell off the cliff. Today begins the Advent week of Peace or Preparation. It’s a time of remembering that God had prepared everything for the birth of Jesus in the village of Bethlehem. Micah 5:2 says, "But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days." Today, let's get away from the Christmas craziness and experience the peace of God and prepare our heart for Christmas. It's something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment