Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Advent 2012 Day 7

December 8, 2012 This past December I received a phone call from my daughter's boyfriend. He quickly got to the reason for his call. He had a question; "Do you have an opinion about me asking your daughter to marry me?" To which I responded "Yes", followed by dead silence. After that long pause I told him that I felt that we needed to talk about it face to face. He responded, “Oh yes sir, I intended to do that, I just wanted to know what I needed to do to prepare." Needless to say we are now preparing for a wedding. As we conclude the first week of Advent and the week of Hope; isn't it great that God had everything prepared for the birth of Jesus. He even had one to go before. Luke 1:17 "And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for The Lord." As we celebrate Christmas, let us consider how we have prepared ourselves for the coming Lord? It's something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment