Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Advent 2012 Day 12

December 13, 2012 One activity that my daughter and I have shared over the years is going Christmas shopping for Mom. Usually we would spend the day together somewhere between December 23rd and 24th. We didn’t see the crowds as being a problem, nor the overflowing parking lots at the Malls; because we were on a mission! Had we dressed in “Camo” we would have looked our part; going into the battle of Christmas gift buying for Mom. Once we arrived at the mall and were inside, the question would be asked, “What are we going to get Mom for Christmas?” To which I would reply, “I don’t have a clue.” There we would go all around the Mall; store by store, until we had found and purchased just the right gift. Usually we would return to the first store after going to all the stores for the gift. When I read about the early days of Mary the mother of Jesus as recorded in Luke 1:26-38, I think back to those days when my daughter was in her early teens. I cannot imagine her in Mary’s place. But yet, when I read of Mary’s great faith in the Lord when she said, “I am the Lord's servant; may it happen to me as you have said." I stand amazed at her spiritual maturity. Here was a young girl ready to go through all the ridicule and abandonment from friends and family. She was willing to endure humility and persecution for what appeared to be guilt from the breaking the Law of God. Yet through it all Her faith sustained her. This Christmas season let us re-evaluate our faith in God. Is our faith only lip service or are we willing to live out our faith through it all. It’s something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment