Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Advent 2012 Day 17

December 18, 2012 There I was standing in the choir loft of Lone Star Baptist Church with twelve others practicing for the Christmas music program. Lone Star was a small country church that on a high attendance Sunday would have maybe 35. The choir for Christmas was about half the congregation. At that time in my life, I thought I had a pretty good voice. I could sing loud and project real well. After all I had sung second soprano in the All city boys choir one spring concert when I was in fifth grade before my voice changed. Choir practice was going well I thought until the Music Director stopped us and announced that someone was off. He gave us the note and we started to sing again. Just as before, He stopped us with the same announcement. At that point he asked me if I would come down and help him figure out who it was. Knowing my own history I gladly assisted. We finished choir practice that night and I was given the narrator's role. We never figured out who was singing flat. So far in my ministry I have served in various positions; but God has never called me to lead music. The night of Jesus' birth, after the announcement came to the shepherds, the sky according to Luke 2 was filled with the heavenly choir shouting the praises to God for what He was doing in bringing the Savior to the earth as a baby. In the midst of everything we do maybe as part of our preparation and as part of our family celebration we take time to praise The Lord with our voices no matter how they sound. It's something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment